I just had to show you this one…you know, I really dig the way that Blake Lively wore her hair when she attended the premier of “Grace of Monaco” recently.
Once again understated cool elegance…once again the contrasts between super dressed and laid back beach style…perfect;)
Heres how you can get the look at home….its actually really quite easy if you follow these steps.
1) First wash you hair with a cleansing or volume shampoo and conditioner. This ensures body that lasts.
2) Now blowdry your hair using lots of mousse to create volume and texture. Putting your hard upside down and blasting, using your fingers to lift from the roots helps to create maximum volume…and you don´t have to fight gravity;)
3) Once dried put your hair into a high ponytail and for added texture you could try a texture spray and blast in. Now secure with a bungy grip. Here is a great little kit that can help you;)
4) Take a section of hair out of the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin.
5) Now apply dry shampoo
to the ponytail and loosely plait the hair and secure at the bottom with a nice elastic.
6) To achieve the cool texture in the ponytail gently rub with your hands and pull the ponytail apart slightly to create a looser sexy feel.
8) Get out and enjoy it!
Photos c/o Loreal
Ok…I´m back and I am really happy to be blogging for you here at beauty.theyouway:)
I have been thinking about what to start with but…when I happened to do an insta and face book post yesterday…I got a load of questions about how to get this look.
Mia is a client at YOU and has modeled for me many times when I was doing a lot of shows…this time it was Sarah who created this look…here is how to get the look the YOU way:
1) Use light styling mousse like Ample Angora and blow dry the hair dry.
2) Now using a large Cera Wand take vertical sections and wind the hair away from the face on both sides. Allowing the hair to cool.
3) Now brush the hair out with a Mason Pearson Brush…(this will make the curls and waves look a bit more fashion;)
4) To get a more matt and lived in look use a Dry Shampoo and finish of with a light spray (nothing too stiff…hair should move right;)
Now just get out and enjoy it!
PS: Feedback is more than welcome;)